Friday, August 16, 2013

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Today's the day! My parents and girlfriend drove me to the airport at 4AM to catch my 7AM flight to Seattle. At the airport I met up with Kou Vang, another RYE student outbound to North Osaka. Goodbyes were had and to be honest I didn't really feel like this was any different than going to visit family for a week or two. I'm sure the reality will hit me soon and I will feel longing for home. Right now I am sitting in the Seattle-Tacoma airport with Kou. It's amazing how fast this day came. It seems like this morning I was sitting down and eating breakfast with my family and preparing to pack for my year. I will miss everyone back home but I am greatly looking forward to my year abroad. I am very excited to step off the plane and see my host family waiting for me. It will be wonderful to finally meet them after emailing back and forth with them. I will sign off for now but I will most likely be posting again within the next couple days.

さようなら!ありがとうございます!

Thanks for reading!

ウエス

No comments:

Post a Comment